Have You Been Hit by a Drunk Driver?
When you get involved in an accident, you can suffer serious injuries that will leave you with substantial medical bills to pay. However, when the accident is caused by a drunk driver, you will not only suffer the pain from the injuries, but may also feel angry and resentment at the driver who made you sustain the injuries and losses from the accident. Let’s discuss suing a drunk driver.
No one wants to get involved in an accident. However, should you be involved in one that is as a result of a negligent driver, you should get the help of a personal injury attorney. An attorney can help you get compensated for the injuries sustained and losses incurred after an accident. The Law Offices of Matthew C. Hines has helped many accident victims and will be committed to ensure you get a fair compensation from the driver responsible for the accident.
Compensation in a Drunken Driving Accident
There are a number of damages you can demand when if you sustain serious injuries from a drunk driving incident. Some of the damages include:
- Funeral expenses in case someone involved died
- Decreased wage ear as a result of the accident
- Loss of income due to staying off work as you recuperate
- Costs of ongoing physical therapy and medication
- Cost of immediate and future treatment necessary due to the accident
- Ambulance and emergency room bills due to the injuries sustained from the accident
You may also be entitled for compensation for non-monetary damages such as pain and suffering, diminished quality of life, loss of consortium, among others.
Suing a Drunk Driver
Generally, the person who caused the accident i.e. the drunk driver should compensate you for the injuries and losses suffered in an accident. However, there may be other parties that had a hand to play in the accident. The actions of these parties may have prevented or discouraged a driver from getting on the wheel while sober. Some of the parties may include:
- Clubs, bars or restaurants that served the driver while knowing he/she was already drunk.
- Clubs, bars or restaurants that served the driver while knowing he/she was underage
- Insurance companies that may have continued to insure a drive with multiple DUIs
- Commercial companies that may have hired a driver while knowing that he/she has a history or DUIs
Contact Our Law Firm Today
When you are seriously hurt in a car accident, the parties responsible should compensate you. Our firm can help you file a claim and get a settlement for your accident injuries. If you are suing a drunk driver, call us at (770) 941-0913 to schedule a free consultation.